Friday, September 6, 2013

Do or Do Not:



Smith’s mother came to meet him. She had been suspicious of a relationship between Smith and his roommate Julie. Reading his mom's thoughts, Smith volunteered, "I know what you think, but, Julie and I are just roommates." After his mother’s returning, Julie couldn’t find her Cinderella touch gown, in which a simple girl looks like Cinderella. She said to Smith, "Ever since your mother went, I've been unable to find the beautiful gown. You don't suppose she took it, do you?" Julie said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure." So he wrote: "Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take the gown, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take the gown. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here." A few days later, Smith receives a letter from his mother which read: "Dear Son, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Julie, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Julie. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gown by now. Love, Mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment